Friday, February 03, 2006

Wedding Bells Left and Right

Since the start of this year (including last December), people I know are getting married. Last December, my office mate buddy, Jay, got married. Sadly, I didn't get to attend his wedding because I was in LTO (Land Transportation Office) that day to take care of my lost license. I was expecting to just catch up to the wedding, but, unfortunately, taking care of the license took some time than I have expected.

Then just this January, two other officemate friends also got married. The first one was our Production Manager, Tess. It was really nice to be there. The emcee at the reception was so upbeat that the whole reception turned out to be one big game show. Looks like he's a frustrated game show host or something. I don't know. Who cares, right? The second one was my seat mate in the office, Jopo. Her wedding was the unexpected one yet. I've never been to a wedding with Purple as their color theme. Even the men wore purple barongs. The kids, though, were great. They have butterfly wings on their backs while walking along the aisle. Also, their entourage consists of politicians (special metion goes to ex-Senator Tessie Oreta) because the groom's father happens to be a City Councilor of Malabon. At the reception, I got the chance to sing for the bride and groom. I wasn't totally prepared for that. Though my friend did asked me to sing long before the wedding, I backed out a few days before it. Then on the day of the wedding, she still insisted that I sing (along with my other friends). Oh, what the heck. So I did it. I sang Because of You by Keith Martin.

Tomorrow, my college friend, Jing, is going to tie the knot with her long time boyfriend, Doods. In March, my cousin, Poch, will also tie the knot. And in April, my best bud in the office, Botai, is also going to tie the knot as well. And I'm going to be the best man. It'll be an honor to be the best man for the guy. He's really such a good friend.

It's a weird thing, weddings. I never realized how old we have grown up. My buddies are getting married and ready to start a family of their own. While me, on the other hand, is still single. Believe me, there's not a day that goes by that I haven't thought of settling down. It's just that I haven't found the right one for me (or vice versa). I'm not getting any younger, you know. And the idea that most of my friends are getting/got married is really driving me nuts. But then again, if you think of it, alot of men in my situation would exactly think the opposite. But ofcourse, in the end, it's just me.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home