Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Dangerous When Depressed

Man, I don't know what it is, but right now I've been buying alot of movies this past couple of weeks. I think it has something to do with my depression. Well, if it's some sort of get away then this could be bad. I realized that I've spent some amount of money just buying DVDs and VCDs especially Korean and Japanese. My Kuya would know that Japanese (mostly Anime if you will) and Korean films (DVDs or VCDs) are more expensive here in the Philippines than regular or American made films due to it's rarity. Most stores here have to order direct in the internet just to get a copy.

Sigh.. well, atleast I got my depression down.

Right now, I just bought this cute Japanese film based on an old manga (and anime) called Cutie Honey. It's really cool to watch. It's just like watching an anime. And it's so corky to boot. The story is a little wierd though, but I guess it's corkiness should be enough to please the audience. Actually the story is typical to Japanese super hero films. Katsirugi Honey is an android who has the ability to change form. More of master of disguise. With the power of her chocker, which was given by her dead papa, and with the help of the nano-technology that her papa invented called the I System, she can transform to any person she wants and also into her secret identity Cutie Honey. Then one day her uncle, who helped her papa in the creation of the I System, was abducted by the notorious Sister Jill and her group the Panther Claw. Sister Jill hopes to get the secret of the I System in order to revive her beauty. But unknown to her, Honey's uncle isn't worth abducting unless they get their hands on Honey and her choker. With the help of Cheif Natsuko (or Nat-chan) and a journalist/US NSA Agent Seiji, they battled the Panther Claw and Sister Jill.

Cutie Honey is an amusing film. It has tons of special effects that I haven't seen before used in movies. It was made in 2003, so I guess it was made first before Casshern. Cutie Honey has that anime style incorporated in their battle scenes. And looking at the main character, portrayed by Eriko Sato, she acts like an anime. Heheheh.. this movie is too cool. A very visual eyecandy.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home