Friday, March 18, 2005

Korea! Korea!

Sigh.. Sorry if all I'm writing lately here in my blog is about Korean flicks or soaps. It's just that I can't seem to get enough of Korean lately. Well, I think I'll pass on their food. It's just that it's too spicy for me. Thanks anyway. Well, the other day I bought 2 Korean flicks. One is Marrying The Mafia and the other is Lover's Concerto.

Marrying The Mafia

First of all, I don't know what it is about mafia and Korean films. Well, among the films that I watched there sometimes a connection with the mafia. Does mafia sell in Korean films? Anyway, this film is a light comedy about a Seoul University grad who woke up one morning only to see that he went to bed with somebody. That somebody happened to be a daughter of a very notorious mob boss. The girl's brothers threatened the guy to marry their sister or else.

The movie is very straight forward. No deep plots. It seems that the brothers wanted their kid sister to marry a good and intelligent man. And they would do anything to make it happen. They tried to break up the guy and his girlfriend so that the guy could have his attention on their sister. They also sent gifts to the guy making him believe that it was sent by their sister and to their sister making her believe that it was sent by the guy. In the end, we get to see that the brothers were the reason why the two slept together. It's pretty funny. You have to see it to appreciate it.

Lover's Concerto

Hmm.. I'm not really sure how to put this movie. It's so touching and at the same time very tragic. I don't know how to explain it, so here's a description of the film according to YesAsia.Com:

Five years ago, Ji-hwan(Cha Tae-hyun), a young man who originally only had his heart fallen for his photography entered into a close friendship with not only one but two comely young ladies with polar characters. Soo-in (Son Yae-jin) is quiet and reserved whilst Kyung-hee (Lee Eun-joo) is energetic and cheery. Smitten immediately by his shots of Soo-in, Ji-hwan made the direct move but did not receive his desired response. Thanks to the timely use of a clock, however, Ji-hwan turned back the hands of the clock, asked the girls to forget what just happened and soon the threesome became inseparable pals. The deepening of their relationships led to the inevitable tension in their friendship and one day these two girls with their different charms just disappeared in Ji-hwan's lifeā€¦

Love fades. So does friendship. Can photographs help preserve them? Let "Lover's Concerto'' unfold a photo album filled with the closeness and even some regrets of the lives of these three young people.


Well, right now, I'm still searching for other Korean flicks. I don't really know what's so interesting about them. I just had this sudden craving for Korean flicks. Well, one reason I can think of is that most of the Korean actresses are so beautiful. I think I fell in love with one. I love you, Kim Jun-Eun! Mwaaah!

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home