Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Something something

I can't think of a title that would best suit my blog today. Well, anyway, earlier, I met up with an old high school buddy in a Jollibee near our old school. We got to talk and catch up on things that we missed. Ahhh... high school days were alot of fun. Unfortunately for me, unlike him and some of my other batchmates, they usually see alot. I, on the other hand, seldomly bump on some of my old high school buddies. I'm not much of a talker. I sometimes bump into one of them and all I can say is "hey!" or "Hi!". And that's it. But deep inside me, I'm excited. Thanks to Friendster, I get to see most of them. Most of them are married and have kids. Some of them are already working/living abroad. Sigh. Then you'd suddenly realize, that you're getting old. Hehehe. ^_^

Anyway, earlier, I realized that to go to our meeting place, I have to ride on a bus. And the station that I'm to wait for the bus is the place where the bomb exploded. To tell you the truth, getting on a bus nowadays is as scary as riding on a rollercoaster. Believe me, I didn't get to sit comfortably in the bus. I was like on full alert. Looking around for some suspicious things. The bomb, btw, according to the police and witnesses, was stashed in a basket or something. So any loose packages inside the bus were considered suspicious. Talk about paranoia. I think I forgot to breathe the whole time I was in the bus. I just let a big exhale out when I got down from the bus. Back at the office, when I said to my friends where I was going and what I'm gonna ride going there, they just told me to take care. I can see their worried faces while saying it. The same goes for my other officemates who are taking a bus ride home. But, as they say, lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place. Actually, that's what I was planting inside my mind to get rid of the fear. But unfortunately, when you're in the bus, you'll tend to forget that saying and instead you'd be praying for your dear life hoping that the bus you are riding on won't explode any moment. Sigh... it's just that the Valentine's Day Bombing was still fresh in the minds of the Filipino people. So one can't help but to get paranoid.

Bounce!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

well, at least you are ok (otherwise you wouldn't have been able to type this blog). just always be extra careful. dapat talaga mag-abroad ka na rin.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home