Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

First of all, I would like to greet you all a Happy Valentine's Day. And my condolences to those family whose relatives died in a bomb explosion inside a bus just this evening. It's a pretty sad day today. Boy, do those terrorists hate Valentine's Day or what. They're such kill-joys. Anyway, I guess it's nothing new here in the Philippines. Well, just today, there were 3 bombing incidents. One in makati. One in Davao. And one in Gen. Santos City. It's sad that things like this happens to our country. I think there was never a year that there were no bombing incidents eversince that Rizal Day bombing last 2000 I think. After that, there were atleast 2 to 3 bomb explosions a year. It's just a matter of "if you get hit, tough luck. If not, then count your blessings". You know, that's the way Filipino's think right now. Anyway, the funny thing was, our President was supposed to be having a dinner date with her husband tonight at a hotel near the bombing incident. Well, there goes their date. Hehehe... ^_^

Well, me, I don't have a date. And I don't care. Valentine's Day is so commercialized that most products from chocolates to flowers to restaurants goes up. Plus, the added pain of heavy traffic going to the malls and gimmik places. Me? I just went to the gym and sweat it out there. It was kinda cool because there were less people in the gym tonight. I think most of the patrons are out on a date or something. I was trying to spot some girls there but my concentration was on my exercise. Anyway, when I was driving home, I encountered heavy traffic. Valentine's Day + Bombing Incident = SUPER HEAVY TRAFFIC. And the sad part there is, my way home is in the direction of the bombing incident. So what I did was I rerouted myself and went to a short cut I know. Sadly, again, most of the motorists thought of that route. So there I was, stuck in traffic, again. Phew. Well, now I'm already home.

I guess this day will be remembered in Philippine history as the Valentine's Day Bombing. Ooooh... spread the love people. Spread the love. >_>

Bounce!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

Happy Valentines din. :) Only found out about the bombing incident today. Got to read more on that tonight. Good to know nobody we know was hurt (cuz otherwise you'd have mentioned it).

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home