Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Tiresome But Good

Huff!

Ok, first things first. I'm glad that my internet connection is back again. I'll try not to get too excited because, as we say here in Manila... baka mausod. I'm not really sure how to translate that in English so I won't bother. Anyway, just got home from a tiring workout. I hired a Personal Trainer to assist me in my workout so I won't wander off my training. My PT, if you will, checked me out first on what I'm capable of doing. He checked my health and asked on what kind of program that I'm planning to attain. I said to trim down. I don't want to be buff like body builders. Ok, no offense to those body builers. Actually, I really want to be a body builder but my arthritis prevents me on being one. So I took the weight loss program and body tone. Then he guided me on what equipments to use and and how to use it. I was kinda embarrased because we were just working out light and then after a few sessions, I couldn't keep up anymore. IT'S A SIGN! Damn it. Well, let that be a motivation for me. Oh, he asked me to fill up some questionaires and there was this one question that really got me thinking. "What will make you stay on the program?" I would really like to answer "so I could find a girl" but I think that's too low. So I answered, "I really need to trim down badly for my health." Which is probably true... ok ok... I'm on a denial stage here. That should be the right answer for that question. Girls come second. Hehehe... (^-^)

Moving on to other things... I don't know what it is with manga (Japanese comic books). It's like a disease. I got on to reading the comic book version of Battle Royale. At first, I bought the first 3 volumes. After reading the first three, I was kinda bitin (what's the english word for this one? any help would be appreciated). There was this feeling deep inside me that I wanted to buy the other volumes... badly. Most mangas give you that feeling of suspense and they try to make you feel bitin. So when I went to FullyBooked (a bookstore here in Manila), I saw 9 volumes of Battle Royale. My hands got itchy. So I bought volumes 4 & 5. When I got home, to my surprise, I finished the two volumes in just one sitting. Then I remembered that there were 9 volumes in that bookstore so by the next day, I didn't think rationaly and bought volumes 6 & 7. When I got home that day, I also finished reading the two volumes. I thought, Shit! This is getting expensive. In a span of a week, I already lost 2,400 pesos. But there were two more left. Hmm... it got me thinking... I said to myself. After buying that last two volumes, I'll stop. Well, there was nothing left to buy anyway. So I went back the next day and bought the volumes 8 & 9. Although I was bitin with the story, I have no other choice but to stop because there was no other volumes available. But to my surprise, I saw DOMU. Now DOMU is a manga created by Katsuhiro Otomo (the creator of AKIRA), and eversince I first read that book from a friend of mine, I tried looking for one and buy one for my own. And there it was. On the shelf of that bookstore. I was getting agitated. I was really looking for that book for a long time and there it was... tempting me to buy it. In the end I gave in. I went back the next day and bought the damn thing. Now my total expense went from 2,400 pesos to 4,678 pesos just in the span of a week. Damn... I hate my self for giving in to comic books. I remembered last year I was just trying out AKIRA and bought the first volume, to my surprise, after reading the first volume I bought the other 5 volumes to complete the set. It costs me around 15,000 pesos. Damn. Well, no use crying over spilt milk as they say. Anyway, I liked the story, so what the heck... let it pass. (*o*)

Bounce!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

Wala bang manga sa PowerBooks para pwede mo na lang basahin for free? Yan ang gawain ko rito e. Kaso ang meron dito Borders. Pag pumupunta kami ni Raquel sa Chadstone or sa Jam Factory, di pwedeng di dumaan sa Borders then doon ako nagbabasa ng manga. ;)

7:06 AM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

Well, Mas maganda sana kung ganun nga kaso hindi uso sa atin ng ganyan e. Most mangas are wraped and sealed in plastic. Yung comics na nasa powerbooks laspag na laspag na sa dami ng nagbabasa. yun ang one thing na ayaw ko dito sa atin e. Sheesh. Anyway, sa akin naman, kahit na mahal (kaya nga ako nag-ra-rant) e minsan may use din siya. After reading, they're like a form of inspiration for me. Nakakatuwa yung artwork kasi. Lalo na yung BR. Detailed na detailed siya masyado. AS IN!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ju-Lian said...

There you guys go again in Tagalog.... >_>

About PT sessions, is it expensive? How many sessions did you sign up? You know my friend told me that signing up for PT sessions is like paying some guy to torture you. But still, yes, you gotta watch your food too besides the strenous stuff you do at the gym. Hm...but body-sculpting is bloody addictive. First you start out as wanting to lose weight, then you want that 6 pacs, then you want chunkier legs, or a bigger chest, and so on...and so on...

So good luck, my friend. :D

2:35 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

uh.. all I wanted is to get slim. And I guess having a PT hanging around wouldn't be that bad. Atleast he's there in case you do something wrong while working out. He's also a good motivator.. "One more, gaddamit! Just a little more, scumbag!" Hehehe... ^_^

Btw, sorry if we're talking in Tagalag. I didn't realize that someone who isn't Filipino would actually read my blog. My apologizies. HEhehe... ^^;; Well, my Kuya told me that in OZ there's this bookstore that they go to and that's where he reads mangas. He doesn't buy one. He just reads it there. He asked me if there was such a thing here in Manila. So I said, none. Most mangas sold here are wraped and sealed. And some stores that do let the consumers read, most of the comic books get torn. And also, I don't mind (sometimes) wasting money on manga, especially on those that I really like. I also suggested to him that he reads Battle Royale. It has a wonderful story, matching with a great art. The art is so detailed that the gorey stuff really is gorey. Hehehe... ^_^

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home