Thursday, February 03, 2005

Korean Films

Korean fever has just hit the Philippines. Everybody's been talking about it and loving it. From soap operas to movies to young actresses (I'm talking about the sudden increase of local talent whose origins are from Korea. Some pure Koreans and some half bloods). It's fine with me. They're really pretty. I wish I can get to know one. Sigh!

Aaaanyway...

I've just watched a Korean film called Windstruck yesterday. I don't know what to make of it. It was funny and yet it's still heavy on the drama. I think it's supposed to be categorized as a romantic comedy but due to the deepness of the romantic part, it became a heavy dramatic movie. To be honest, I cried my heart out during the dramatic scenes. The only problem that I've encountered is, just when you thought that the film is over... well, it isn't. There's this scene where I cried and thought it was going to end, suddenly there's still a continuation... and it was a funny scene. Sheesh... there goes the moment. (>_>) I don't know if the same goes for the other romantic comedy Korean films but this one and My Sassy Girl, just makes you laughing at one moment then crying the next then laughing again. Then it all ends with a feeling of happiness inside like a feel good movie. Sigh.

I've also seen Fighter in the Wind. It's a Korean action film. To be honest, it's the first time where I've seen a serious movie whose leading man is not that good looking. And I like it. It was kinda wierd though. If what the label's saying is true, the character portrayed is supposed to be real or atleast Legendary. He's an immigrant in Japan from Korea. And his brother (?) was killed by the Yakuza. He went into seclusion and train himself the martial arts that his brother once taught him to get revenge. In the end, he fought all the martial arts school in Japan just to get to the big boss. It was kinda crazy. One man against all the dojos in Japan? Sheesh. Another thing is, if you like anime, I guess you'll like this one too. It has an anime feel to it. The hairstyles, the movement, the action. It's cool to watch.

Bounce!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

SANDARA!!!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

Bweheheh... I know. Sandara's going back to Korea. I think for a vacation or something. I'll miss her pretty face on TV. Sigh. T_T

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home