Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday... My Only Rest Day

Sigh!

It's sunday. This is the only time out that we get from office... Sunday's, I mean. We work 6 times a week. I understand that. We have a deadline to finish. Some offices have 5 working days in a week. We got 6. But, if all goes well, and I hope it's true, by the time we start our next project, we'll be working for 5 times a week. Saturdays and Sundays off! Sweet! I do hope they keep their promise. Last job I had always makes promises that they don't keep. Always making us believe. And look at what they got... Bankruptcy. Pfft.

So anyway, it's sunday. Like I said, it's my only rest day for the whole week. I was planning on sleeping the whole morning and wake up at noon. But, my mom woke me up and told me that we were going to church. Man... there goes my sleep. Well, funny thing is... we didn't actually go to A church. Instead, we went to the mall and tried to catch the sunday mass that's being held IN the mall. Oh, btw, for those who are not in the know... all of the malls here in the Philippines conduct Sunday Masses. See how religious and at the same time big spenders Filipinos are. And they say we're poor. Sheesh... Moooving on.

I watched Meet the Fockers. It was hilarious at the same time humiliating. Humiliating in the sense that I can feel Gaylord Focker's (played by Ben Stiller) humiliation. Though I'm not married, I can say this. Meeting the girl's folks tough, but making her folks meet my folks is even tougher. The feeling of anxiety whether the two parents would jive. Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, watch. Just don't bring any kids. It's not for kids. I'm saying this because when I watched the movie, there were a lot of kids in the theater. Now, is that right?

After getting home, I decided to watch a Video CD I recently purchased called SuperSize Me. It's like a docu-drama. Sort of like Farenheit 911 but this one is about his weird experiment that he would go on a one month Mc-FatDiet and try to prove to the whole world that eating at fast food chains is very dangerous to your health. He specifically target Mc Donald's since it was the biggest franchise in the US. While watching it, I was feeling kinda guilty. I, myself, am obesse. And I must admit that I grew to be like this is because of eating at fast food joints, most especially Mc Donalds. I remember when we were kids, my Kuya and I would eat 2 Big Macs each... you heard correctly, 2 BIG MACS EACH. And that's just for the morning. We would also order 2 Big Macs again at lunch time and at dinner time. But that was when we were kids. Somehow the budget was not enough to supply us with 2 bigmacs every meal. Hehehe... Mind you, I got thinner when I was in Fourth Year high school due to CAT or CMT to others. I only got large when I got into college. Our college was surrounded by eateries and especially Mc Donalds. Plus, my Ex was an excellent cook. So I get to taste her meals whenever I'm at their home. So anyway, moving on... in that docu-movie or whatever you call it, he proved that eating almost everyday at Mc Donald's is as dangerous as drinking and smoking. Sheesh... that got me off of my seat. I promised to myself... I'll try not to eat at fast food joints ever... I say TRY because unlike the one who did the docu-movie, he was a Vegan to begin with. Me? I started liking Mc Donald's in an early age. They say eating is an addiction. And that's true. I've been trying to tell that to all my friends and family... that it's dieting or eating less is a hard thing to do. All I can say is I can give it a try. If it works out, that's good. Then I'm on a roll. But if I'm not, I don't know what to do.

Well, as of tomorrow, I'm going to the gym and ask for some sort of program that I can follow so I could lose a couple of pounds or so. I'm trying to set that in my mind. I hope I can do this. I think it's also for the better. I hope I can do this.

Bounce!

5 Comments:

Blogger Raquel said...

Ah, supersize me. Did you watch the special feature where they compared the fries from a local shop to the one from McDonald's and the latter just doesn't seem to break down after several weeks? That made me swear off McDonald's fries. Parang plastic!

Also, Gj told me about the 2 Big Macs before but I still can't believe it. Pano nagkasya yun!?!

Anyway, good luck in your bid to lose weight. I know it's hard but just think of the long term benefits.

7:21 AM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

Thanks. The Video CD didn't have the special feature. May nagsabi nga sa kin tungkol dun sa fries kaya inabangan ko. Kaso na sa special feature pala yun. baka bili na lang ako ng DVD nun para makita yun. ^^;;

10:10 AM  
Blogger Gabeprime said...

No more fast food.. right. But I have to correct you. We didn't have 2 Big Macs for breakfast. Only lunch and dinner (like that's a consolation ;) ). I'm pretty sure of that because for one, McDo doesn't serve Big Macs during breakfast time. ;)

As for the documentary, well, they way the documenter was doing it, it was impossible not to become fat. He could've been eating pasta everyday four-times a day for the whole month while not doing any exercise and he'd still become fat. Probably not if you are a vegan though.

Everything in moderation and you'll be right.

Still, it's good that you decided to "try" and stop eating fast food. Good luck with that.

12:21 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

uh uh... you don't remember, do you. We eat those big macs at 10:30 in the morning right after breakfast. But it's not that often we do that. You're right, it's lunch and dinner. Sometimes we eat the McBiscuit at breakfast... 2 of them. hehehe

2:52 PM  
Blogger Gabeprime said...

Ah McBiscuit. Iba yon. ;)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home