Thursday, January 20, 2005

Just Another Day... Or So It Seems

Sigh!

Same old, same old. I came to the office trying to start on my work. Sure, I mean, it's my job. That's what I'm supposed to be working on. Anyway, I'm really a 3d animator. And the thing we are doing right now in the office is Optimizing some shots.

Optimizing is cleaning of shots. Meaning, to make the scene file lighter, we have to clean the shots. We have to do this because all the shots that we finished animating will be transfered to INDIA to be composited and lighted. You heard that right... INDIA. I have no qualms with India. It's just that, we were promised that this feature film that we were making is supposed to be All-Filipino. By passing it on to India, we can't say it's all-filipino. It would be a Filipino-Indian venture.

So anyway, moving on... Optimizing is a real drag. The management know it, but just to finish the movie, we have to continue optimizing. Our deadline is set to February. So by then, after we finish optimizing, India would get to start doing their thing... and we get to start on the next project. Hopefully, this time, it's all planned out, not like before.

Optimizing is also one of the reasons why most of my officemates are slacking off. Creative wise, they just don't feel the work. I must admit, I feel that way too. Then, the management just gave us some set of house rules (which was missing eversince we started). When we started, there were no official rules to follow. Nothing written in paper. Which is why it's kinda funny, because, they only gave us these rules at the time we were about to finish the project. All of us were shocked by this. But I must admit (again), we were bound to get it sooner or later. And it all happened earlier.

I don't know whether to be happy or to be sad. Happy because, our office definitley needs to draw the line somewhere. Sad, because, before the rules you can say that we were free as a bird... doing anything we want. No restrictions. No nothing... which to be perfectly honest is bad for a company... especially ours which is just beginning.

To close up this blog, I just wish that in the next project (hopefully, there will be another one), anything will be in order. That's it.

Oh, on a lighter note, Congratulations to my cousing Kuya Kenneth. He was just promoted Vice President of Meryll Lynch. Congratulations again. Bounce!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

Ingat ka lang sa mga sinasabi mo tungkol sa company mo sa blog at baka ma-dooce ka. Di mo masabi kung pikon yung company o hindi e. Ok? Babala lang. :)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home