Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's Been Awhile

Wow. It's been awhile since I wrote something on my blog. I've been kinda busy lately. Well, actually, I can't use my blog in the office and when I do get home, it's too late in the night that I have to sleep instead of updating. Sigh.

Anyways.. I'd like to greet everyone a Happy New Year. I hope this year would be a prosperous one. I hope there're no more "serious" calamaties that would come our way like that tsunami in south asia, the chains of storms that hit the Philippines and earthquakes. Well, living in the pacific rim and in the ring of fire, we can't help it if we're struck by calamities everyday. Looks like we'll have to live with it.

Today's my mother's birthday, so Happy Birthday, MOM! You never look a day older. hehehe. ^_^ I have to share something funny... yesterday morning, I was asking my mom for a chinese packet. You know, those red little envelopes that the chinese use to put some cash and give it to friends and relatives during Chinese New Year (or I think any occassion). Anyway, she said wait and she'll get one... after fixing our breakfast that is. While fixing our breakfast, she went on and said that tomorrow's her birthday, which is today. So she bluntly requested a Hair Dryer as a gift. I frowned. Well, because I don't really like being ordered especially by my mother. Anyway, she then said, "okay, instead of giving me a hair dryer, why won't you just give me Five hundred pesos and I'll be the one to buy the dryer. The only problem with that is, it won't be a surprise anymore." Sheeesh... she's persistent eh. So I said... "yeah, yeah, what ever. So where's the chinese packet I was asking?" She frowned and went to her room to get the chinese packet. After getting it, she gave it to me... ofcourse. Then I slid five thousand pesos inside and gave it to her. I said, "Surprise! And you thought you won't be surprised anymore." hehehe... Then she cried. Ofcourse, she was happy. It's the first time I saw my mom cried after giving her a gift. It made my heart big. hehehe.

I know I won't find time to buy her a gift that day, so I gave it to her that morning.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home