Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend Happenings

Well, it has been a fun filled weekend for me.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Well, nothing really happened on this day. I thought that me and my friends could go out and watch a movie or something. Sadly, they had some where else to go. Instead, I went to Glorietta myself and bought myself pants (which I didn't realize that I already have a pants with the same design) and 3 audio CDs for my car: Barbie Almalbis Singles, Mojofly and Mishka Adams.

Barbie's CD is more like a compilation of previous works (from her Hungry Young Poets days to Barbie's Cradle) plus some new ones including the latest Close-Up single Just A Smile. I really liked music and I must say this is a must for all Barbie fans. Next is Mojofly. Now Mojofly is a band formed by a former member of Hungry Young Poets. One of my friends has a copy of their album in the office and I liked it so I bought it. Anyway, they're all over the TV nowadays and are currently promoting their latest video (that happens to be a creation by some of my friends). Then Mishka Adams. To be perfectly honest, I don't know who she is. But Her music is great. I don't know how to categorize it but it sounds more like lounge music or jazz. It's great for easy listening. She's a Fil-Brit by the way. Well, that's according to her album.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Yesterday, I went out with my gym buddies and played Badminton. It was really tiring but I must say, for an obesse person, I sure can move. The only problem that I encounter after playing Badminton is that my knee and ankle begins to ache (and sometimes leads to an arthritis attack). That's why I bring along a lot of my pain relievers with me in such cases. After playing, we went out to eat in Kamayan. And it's an all you can eat buffet! That's the only funny thing that we've been doing after playing badminton, we eat alot. So all that burned fat comes back again. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to pass next time. Anyway, one of my gym buddies ask me if I'd like to take boxing. Actually, I've been planning on taking boxing for sometime, but according to some of my friends, it's very tiring than going to a gym. My gym buddy told me that this one's different. The trainors aren't that strict and won't give you a hard time. So I guess, maybe this week, I'll try it out.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Fight Night! Or shall I say morning. Double Trouble is aired on TV. Once again, the Philippines went silent because Manny Pacquiao went head to head with Hector Velasquez. This time Manny Pacquiao went back to his original division and won. Congratulations Manny! The main event was Erik Morales (Manny Pacquiao's previous opponent which he lost to) vs. Zahir Raheem. Eventhough Erik Morales lost to Raheem, Manny Pacquiao said that they're long awaited rematch is still on. Well, here's to hoping and good luck on your next (re-)match.

Also, my cousin, I don't know what went through her mind, decided to join the auditions for Star Struck, which was held earlier in SM Southmall. I must say that she did pretty good and I wish her luck in her quest to stardom.

Well, that's pretty much of what happened to me over the weekend. Till then.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home