Friday, September 16, 2005

Blog: what am I to do without you?

After reading a blog of my friend, I suddenly thought whether a BLOG works to your benefit or not. So what does one put in a blog? I, for one, write down my thoughts, feelings and daily activities in there. My kuya warned me in writing bad things about the company I'm working on, for I might get "dooced" in the process. According to him, Dooce is getting fired by your company upon reading malicious and ugly things that you wrote down in the internet (ie. blog). And I think the same goes to what you write about people you care about.

Well, I've been very careful in writing such things and if I did, I never put it bluntly. To be perfectly honest, I never thought that someone else would be reading my blog except for my kuya, and probably his wife, too. But later I found out that some of my friends did read it from time to time. Which is kind of embarrassing because, like I said before, I write down my thoughts in it and I've written something there that kind of caught them unaware.

Now, let me get to my point. Is a blog advantageous or not? In my case, it's a little bit of both. First, disadvantageous, because lately, I've been ranting about something that my friends wrote in their own blogs and never thought that they, too, would be reading mine. It's kind of awkward, I tell you. Now, an advantage, because because of that, we got to know each other's problems and get to fix it on time. As my friend would write in her blog, "saved our 5-year friendship". Thank goodness. ^^;;

Anyway, after the incident, I don't know whether to write everything I'm thinking in my blog or not. Which in turn, is kind of hard to do because, my blog has become an outlet for me. Whenever I can't talk to anyone, I write in my blog, then everything's ok. Sigh. What a dilema.

Bounce!

2 Comments:

Blogger jose said...

just be honest, but don't let honesty become your excuse to be cruel. a friend gave me this advise a long time ago, and i think you could apply it here.

10:41 AM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

@noledam: point taken. ;)

@jose: well, that's the problem, isn't it? being honest in what you write doesn't necessarily mean you're angry or cruel. stating one's opinion could lead to something big entirely whatever your attitude is. it all depends on how the reader understands it. for example... what if you state your "honest" opinion about your company and your boss suddenly reads your blog and gave it a different meaning. that could mean trouble, wouldn't it? well, the point is, just be careful in what you write or as "m" said, write your honest opinions in another blog. ^_^

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home