Saturday, September 17, 2005

Advent Children

Before I start commenting Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, I would like all of you to know that I haven't played the Final Fantasy VII game on PSOne. So I'm not really familiar with the characters and story of this new FF VII except from what I hear from my friends, who are actually fans of the game (and perhaps the whole Final Fantasy series). I, on the other hand, am not that much of a fan of RPG's in computers, particularly Final Fantasy. I buy the games just for it's eye-popping graphics.

First off, I don't know what to make of the story. I don't know whether my comprehension of the story is so shallow or the whole story is so deep that the only people who'll understand it are the fans and the writer. I didn't understand all that Mother thing that Kadaj and his group keeps mumbling about and the Geonstigma virus that, from what I understand, has all the children afflicted with it. It could be that the whole thing is self explicable if you have played the game in the first place. But for us who haven't, it's really frustrating. Plus, if the beginning of the movie is some sort of explaination on what has transpired, well, it didn't really help. The narration is so deep. I guess, the same goes to alot of serious Japanese anime and films. But, in fairness to this film, I liked the story more than that of Final Fantasy Spirits Within. But then again, for those who do understand the story of FF VII, then, good for you.

Though, what I do like about the film (and most of the FF series) is the graphics. As a 3D artist, I very much appreciate the eyecandy. Square-ENIX did another job well done. They have already raised the bar with their last Final Fantasy game and now they're doing it again with this film. It's so hard to catch up with these guys.

I can see that I didn't make much of a comment. Well, anyway, this movie is a must see for those who are die hard fans of the Final Fantasy series and people who like anime. Check it out.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home