Monday, February 21, 2005

Reminiscing

At dinner, my mom told me that my cousin just stepped on a nail. He went to the hospital to have it checked and the doctor gave him some anti-biotics. When he came home, he asked my mom if he was going to die. Funny. You can clearly see how these kinds of accidents goes to the head. hehehe..

Anyway, I reminded my mom that I, too, stepped on a 2 inch nail full of rust when I was little (I think I was 6 or 7 years old back then). I don't know why I didn't tell it to anyone (well, my mom was working and my grandmother... well, I'm not really sure where she was back then), but I remembered it clearly that I just placed a towel on the wound and slept on it thinking that it was just a bad dream and hope it goes away. Anyway, I also remembered that I woke up my mom was like hysterical and saw the blood gushing from my right foot. I didn't remember really what happened after that. My mom said that I was having a fever and I was, I think, going into shock. So they took me to the hospital... actually, that hospital part, I didn't really remember. When she was saying it, I was going... huh? Did that actually happen? Hehehe... maybe along with the medication they brainwashed me or something.

Then my mom also remembered the day my Kuya fell into a ditch/canal/sewer (I'm not really sure what you call that in english). But anyway, it was so dirty. And I think it was so deep. Me and my kuya were kids back then (I think I'm 5 or 6 and he was 7 or 8). I remembered that so well, because it was the day when we visited a dead relative of my cousin. Me, my kuya and my cousin were playing outside. It was kinda dark that my kuya didn't notice a ditch on the side of the road. My cousin and I was thinking where my kuya went. He disappeared all of a sudden. Then we heard he was shouting from the ditch. We went and look and the funny thing is, I rememebered, I was just laughing my ass off. I'm bad, I know. But I was just a kid. I didn't really know what to do. So I called my mom and told her that kuya fell into a ditch (I was still laughing). So they hurriedly ran outside and helped him get out of there. When my brother was out (he was as black as the night covered with icky gooey things), he bashed me on the shoulder. Huh. I guess, I really deserve that. I was so guilty that time. I should've helped him. But that was all in the past. My mom actually doesn't want to remember it. It was so horrifying for her. I can't blame her. ^_^

Bounce!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ju-Lian said...

XD Wahahahaha! Glad that no harm was done, but the falling-into-the-sewer part is just too hilarious!

...2inch nail? T_T...Did it pierce through your feet?

11:27 AM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

nope. it was sort of embedded on a half an inch (I think) wood when I stepped on it. Though come to think of it, I wondered why it didn't went through. I have small feet back then and was wearing very worn out slippers. I loved that slippers very much and too see it with a big hole in the middle was kinda depressing. T_T

12:58 PM  
Blogger Gabeprime said...

@ju: Yep. So began my misfortunes related to drowning. ;) I better expand on this on my own blog. :D

@ringjo: I remembered you stepping on the nail. Idiot. Stupid of me though because I didn't tell Mom about it. But I do remember the part where they were all crowding around you very worried. I didn't remember the hospital though. To this day, I cringe at the idea of something pointed touching the soles of my feet because of what happened to you.

1:49 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

Yeah. Actually, I don't remember either. All I remembered was that they poured Rubbing Alcohol on the wound and added some "Agua Oxinada" (don't know what they call that in English) or mertayleyt. It was pretty painful.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Gabeprime said...

So who stepped on the nail?

8:33 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

What I meant was I didn't remember the hospital thing. All I remembered was I was running outside to play then this piece of wood was stuck to my foot while running. Then that's when I noticed that I stepped on a friggin nail. Then instead of playing I went inside the house, lay down the bed, stepped on the towel so the blood won't stain the bed and then I woke up mom was hysterical and placed rubbing alcohol and agua oxinada on my wound.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Gabeprime said...

So, who is our cousin who stepped on the nail?

9:59 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

ATOM. hehehehe

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home