Friday, December 31, 2004

Star Wars Trilogy DVD

I've just recently purchased an original copy of the newly released Star Wars Trilogy DVD. And believe me, I wasn't as excited when I first bought the Star Wars Trilogy Video CD. (For those who doesn't know, Video CDs are more popular and cheaper than DVDs here in the Philippines. But it's not as good as a DVD for it has no menus to choose from, always in Full Screen Format and it usually has two discs to view the whole film).

I first watched the Bonus Materials Disc 4. And it was amazing. I watched the behind the scenes of all the Trilogy and somewhere deep inside of me, it inspired me to make my own movie. But sadly, I can't. hehehe. I'm just a humble 3d Animator. But... who knows. ^_^ It also included some behind the scenes for the upcoming Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It was AWESOME!

Then I watched Episode IV: A New Hope. My cousin (who was born 1989), didn't have the luxury of watching the first Star Wars film before it was remastered. So I kinda introduced him to Star Wars. And somehow he liked it. I told him that the DVD is now a remastered version and that Mr. Lucas added/changed some scenes from the original. It was still great though, watching it.

Earlier, I watched Episode V and VI. And to my surprise, they did some changes from the special edition. In The Empire Strikes Back, they added a small scene when Darth Vader was talking to the Emperor. They also changed the view screen. It was a new Emperor talking to Darth Vader. The old version was the Emperor with a dark face and the people at VFX illuminated his eyes. The new one, you can visibly see the Emperor's face and with an angle. Pretty neat at what you can do with technology nowadays. hehehehe. In Return of the Jedi, in the end, in the shot where everyone was celebrating and Luke Skywalker was looking at the ghosts of Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker, they replaced Sebastian Shaw's (the actor who played the unmasked Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker) image with Hayden Christensen (who we know as the kid who played Anakin Skywalker before he becomes Darth Vader). It was cool, though I kinda feel sorry for Sebastian Shaw. His image was there for the past 2 decades and now in the new DVD, they omitted him.

So now, after watching the whole of it, I've come to appreciate the Star Wars Trilogy DVD. And I'm now anxiously awaiting Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith. Psyche! ^_^

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home