Saturday, September 02, 2006

Spending Time

Lately, since I have nothing much to do, I've been imersed in doing a webcomic entitled Life Again. For some of my friends out there, you might be familiar with this since I did the first seven pages back in 2001. Back then I was really planning on putting it online and only recently did I just have the urge to continue it. The story's about a zombie that came back to life only to realize that he has no recollection whatsoever of his past (just flashes of random images). Now, his on a quest to find out what his mysterious past was and how he became what he is now.

There's been alot of zombie comics out there (which most of them I haven't read yet) and I hope mine would be different. Also, if you've seen my gallery at deviantART and look at my current webcomic, you'll notice a similarity to some of the pages. That's because it's really one and the same. Only this time, I decided to continue the comic and placed it to a real webcomic hosting site. The first seven pages are from the previous one. The following will be seen at the latest link. Also, I changed the title from Dead Men Walking to Life Again to avoid any legal issues.

To keep me motivated in doing my webcomic, I've been reading a couple of mangas (DoMu, Blade of the Immortal) and watching a couple of animes.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex



It's been awhile since it's been shown at Animax. And only just now did I get into watching this anime when I bought the DVD. Back then I find this anime boring thinking that it would be like its feature film counterpart. But I was proven wrong. I like how the story is going and how the focus of the show is not only on Major Kusanagi but to all the members of Section 9. Everyone has their share of the lime light... even the Tachikomas.

Neon Genesis Evangelion


Like GITS:SAC, I found this anime such a bore back then. It's really hard to understand if you'll be watching this anime with just the subtitles. There are alot of scenes in this anime that is text heavy and to top it all, it's written in Japanese. Good thing that the DVD that I bought has the english dubbed option. Watching it in english is more soothing. And only then did I realize how complex this anime really is. It's just wierd that the creator of NGE based the story from some parts of the bible and some judeo-christian symbols. No wonder Angels have been attacking Tokyo 3. Also, the main character, Shinji Ikari, is so irritating. He's such a loser and a wimp. That's why by the end of the series (ep.25 and 26 and The End of Evangelion), I was like flaming mad and frustrated, all because of Shinji Ikari. Sigh... Well, we can't do anything about that.

Hajime No Ippo


Well, this anime wasn't really in my list. But eversince I started boxing, it got me intrested in watching Hajime No Ippo. It's funny how skillful most anime characters are even at a beginner's level. When I started working out, I had a hard time doing jabs, straights, coordination and foot work. But, Ippo, the main character, make it look like it was so easy to do. But then again, this is anime we're talking about. Reality check. Hahaha...

Still, you got to hand it to the Japanese on making such wierd story lines that eventually we'll get to like. Hopefully my motivation in making my webcomic will last. I have this tendency on not finishing what I've started and it really is frustrating in my part.

Bounce!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

Di ko alam na nagboboxing ka na pala ngayon. Good idea. Baka mas trip na exercise yan para sa iyo. :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

Actually I just got started a couple of weeks ago. Trip nga siya, kaso may times na bumibigay paa ko sa sobrang tindi.^^;;

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home