Monday, February 20, 2006

Nothing To Do (2)...

Has there been a time in your life that all you ever do has been a cliche? Last weekend, it happened. I was tired of my routine of waking up, playing my Nintendo DS, watch TV (whether it be DVD or HBO), eat and sleep again. I really got bored. So after a month of not going to a mall, I went to Festival Mall. I didn't buy anything, but roaming around in the mall is a better alternative than lying around in the house. I also got to watch a movie. It's called Close To You starring John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo (damn, she's so cute) and newcomer Sam Milbey. I totally liked this film! Well, I am a sucker for romantic-comedy films and this one really hit the spot. It's pretty awkward though, a lot of eyes were looking at me. Looking around, I noticed that I was the only one who doesn't have a partner and particularly, I'm the only single MALE inside the theater. I really don't want to give them ideas, but I really wanted to watch the movie, so I let them stare. Sheesh... to hell with them. I'm enjoying the movie, dammit.

Anyway, after watching the movie. I thought whether I should go home right away or not. But seeing as it was already late at night, I decided to head back home. When I got back, my movie craving is far from over. I still watched on DVD a Korean movie called ...ING. I'm not really sure why it's called ...ING, but I liked it. It stars Kim Rae Won (My Little Bride) and Im Soo Jeong (Tale of Two Sisters). Now this movie is more of a feel-good movie rather than a romantic-comedy. I did bring a tear to my eye for it ended tragically. Sigh... I don't want to be too emotional that night but I really couldn't help it.

Then yesterday, I got up and watched the boxing match between Brian Viloria and Jose Aguirre. I was expecting a fast bout, and so did Viloria I guess, but rather, it ended at the 12th with a decision in favor of Viloria. Huh. It wasn't as exciting as a Pacquiao match but still, the kid's got alot of heart to defeat a champ. After that boring game, I watched another Korean movie called Wedding Campaign. At first I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but it turned out, it's more of a drama with some light comedy. The movie is about a group of single korean men, who can't find love in their own country and decided to go to Uzbekistan and find a bride there instead. This reminds me of the incident last year where a group of Korean men were caught trying to get Filipina brides here in the Philippines through agencies that were run by their fellow Koreans. It's sad to think that their only chance of marrying is by going abroad. Anyway, back to the movie. The main character set off to Uzbekistan with his friend in hoping to find a girl to marry. Through a Korean connection in Uzbekistan, he was paired off with korean-Uzbekts (uh... koreans who were born and grew up in Uzbekistan) and a Korean translator who knows how to speak the language of Uzbekistan. Unknown to him, his translator happened to be from North Korea. I guess it's a big issue if you a south korean falls in love with a north korean. In the end, he fell in love with his translator. I think it's one of those radical korean films. But still, it is a nice movie.

Bounce!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home