Saturday, August 27, 2005

What's Been Happening Lately

Hello. It's been awhile since I wrote something here in my blog. Well, to most of you who read (or have not) my blog, we've just settled in our new home. To be honest, at first, I didn't like the place because it's not really entirely brand new. It was pre-owned. Though the funny thing is, it has the ambience of the house that we stayed in Brunei back when I was a kid. So it did kinda give me a sense of nostalgia. On top of that, I also got a new car (with the help of my father, ofcourse). It made my life a lot easier going to the office and back. Before, that is when we only have one car, I used to drive my dad to the office before going to mine, which makes me late all the time. Worse than that, if my dad or mum has a plan on a certain day, I'll have to commute to work. Hey, I'm not saying that I don't like commuting, to be honest, it's more cheaper and uh.. healthier. It's just so frustrating that when there are few commuters that are on the bus, the bus driver tends to wait for other passengers until his bus gets full before going.

Our office also moved to another place somewhere in Makati. This time, a whole floor was dedicated just for our studio. It's no longer a house. Before, we used to work in a house, converted into a studio. Then, into a building called Net One Center that didn't quite live to our expectations. It's supposed to be a technical building but the power supply can't support our studio. Now, the studio that we are working on is supposed to hold us up pretty nicely.

Also, last August 18, I celebrated my 29th birthday. Man... Am I that old? Well, with my current ailment, "arthritis", I felt old way back when I was 21. Good thing my arthritis hasn't attacked that bad lately. Anyway, I was glad that I got to celebrate my birthday with my friends. I get to meet my college buds and my former co-employees again. It was great. Had the time of my life.

Anyway, words out that the feature film that we were making has already got a release date for December 25, 2005. So check your calenders. Well, that is if you're in the US. I don't really know when it's going to be released here in the Philippines. But as any Filipino knows that during the Christmas season, the MMFF (Metro Manila Film Festival) is always celebrated. It's a film festival that showcases only Filipino films. Meaning... no foreign films allowed during that period. So I guess, we'll get to see it the following year.

Lately, I've also been into reading books. Harry Potter books, that is. I dunno what it is about Harry Potter that I can't seem to get enough of. At first I kinda loathe Harry Potter with all that thing about being a copy cat of the DC-Vertigo comic "Books of Magic" by Alan Moore. Also, the first two films are a bit of a bore. Then came Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I really don't know why, but I loved this film. I even bought the DVD. That's when this all started. After watching the DVD for the nth time, I went and bought The Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince. I've just finished reading the latter and I surpised myself. I haven't finished a book for a span of 2 weeks. I usually finish reading one for atleast more than a year or so. Sometimes, I don't get to finish it at all. But this series, I tell you, I get excited reading. Maybe it's a start of something. Also, I already finished Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was kinda inspired reading the book after watching Tim Burton's adaptation of it. Hmm.. hello, it looks like a pattern. Looks like I'm into books that have been made into film. That's got to be it. But I don't think that there's something wrong about it. Atleast it got me into reading again. To be honest, I don't really like reading books. Comic books are fine, but books are just not my style. I leave that to my "kuya". Anyway, I'm off to my reading.

BOUNCE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home