Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Superman Returns???

Last week, while I was walking around the movie theater waiting for the next screen time of Cars, I happened to see this big poster of Superman Returns. The poster was awesome... until I saw one minor detail. Superman's boots!

You know, to be perfectly honest, I hate the way Mr. Singer messed with Superman's costume. A small emobossed "S" in exchange for the old big and flat "S" on his chest, the belt with a "S" ensignia, dark red colors that looks more like maroon (more reminiscent of Superman 3 where Superman went bad), close necked shirt and the low waist inside-out undergarment. We know he has his reasons, but still if you've seen Mr. Singer's weblogs on the internet, you'll find his reasons... uh... unreasonable. The old costume worked with Christopher Reeves, why will it not work for Brandon Routh? I thought that was the worst of it, till I saw that poster where we can see the sole of Superman's boots filled with "S"s. Okay, so we'll not get to see alot of that on the big screen but still, why'd they have to put that one in? Was it really necessary to add those S's? Sigh...

Also, I don't like Brandon Routh. I haven't seen his acting but that's not what I don't like about him. I don't like the way he looks. He looks so young. The movie should be called "Superboy" rather than "Superman". Tom Welling (Smallville's Clark Kent) is more mature looking than he is. I'm not saying that they should have chosen Tom over Brandon. Tom doesn't fit the Superman role either. It's just I think they should have chosen some one more mature looking. Still an unknown, but more mature looking. Kevin Spacey on the other hand looks awesome as Lex Luthor. Now THAT is a great pick.

Anyway, I'm still going to watch this movie. A Superman movie is STILL A Superman movie, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't pass this chance to watch a Superman movie in the big screen again. The last Superman movie I saw on the big screen was Superman IV. I'll try to be as open-minded as possible in watching this movie. Lois Lane has a kid? Who gave Mr. Singer that idea??? Sheesh.

Bounce!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabeprime said...

Naiinis nga rin ako sa changes na ginawa ni Singer. Hopefully, it'll all still be great. Lapit na! :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger zerovoltage said...

Read this and weep ... http://www.newsarama.com/movies/Superman/Superman_Review.html

It may be better to lower our expectations for this movie.

1:28 PM  
Blogger INGGO! said...

don't worry. I'm not really expecting much from this film.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home