Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just Another Typical Day

Just watched Win A Date With Tad Hamilton the other night. It got me into thinking that how easy it is to get a girl in the movies. No matter how hard the protagonist tried to win over the girl, he usually ends up being with her by the time the credits roll (no matter what they look like; fat, short, skinny, ugly). Just thinking how easy for them to say how they feel to the opposite sex just makes me crazy. Sometimes, no matter how silly this may sound (try childish), I wish I could live in the movies. Not at a movie house, ofcourse. What I mean is the actual film.

In the film Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, Topher Grace's character, Petey, is your average joe who fells in love with a local blonde bombshell in the image of Rosalie (Kate Bosworth) who happens to be his childhood friend and loves Tad Hamilton who happens to be an actor. Anyway, as the title goes, Rosalie won a date with Tad Hamilton. Apparently, Tad Hamilton fell in love with Rosalie leaving Petey in ruins. Petey never admitted his love for Rosalie the whole time they were together until Tad decided to take Rosalie back to California with him.

Reality folks, the girl wouldn't have made a second opinion about going with an actor (for pete's sake, he's an actor for crying out loud) even though the local boy decided to tell his true feelings impromptu. But what really happened in the film, Rosalie left Tad to be with Petey. End of story. Now, what I would give to be in Petey's place right now. I guess scriptwriters don't do much of a homework now, do they? All that matter's to them is that the movie must end happy. But what does that leave us average joes? False Hopes!

They say personality is the key. Well, here's what I have to say... BULL SHIT. Personality is all I have and look at me now. Sour griping as always. Personality will only give you an answer of.. "I only see you as a friend." No matter how people try to say that they don't look at the outside, they still do. Like they say... First impression lasts. If you're not good looking enough and meet someone for the first time... huh. Good luck in trying to win her over. Which brings me to another point. Most people are shallow... that is a fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home