Wednesday, October 05, 2005

All HALE the INTROVOYS

A few months ago, I've been hearing alot of this new local band in every radio station and eveyone's been talking about them. What I'm talking about is the band called HALE. Right now, they're probably the hottest group in town. Young girls go gaga over them, or more likely over their lead vocalist CHAMP. All the songs they've released eventually reached number 1.

So it made me think and tried them out and bought their CD. I don't know how to put this but, as my friend said, it's like their songs are very melancholic. At first, I felt sleepy everytime I listen to it. But if you listen to it almost everyday, you'll get the hang of it. The problem with their songs, if anyone noticed, is that they all have the same melody. They all sound a like, although sometimes with a different tempo or pitch. Which reminds me of a famous band back in the late 80's and early 90's called The Introvoys. The name sounds cheesy but they have a huge following back then (I guess that includes me). They didn't remind me of the Introvoys because of their fame, though, but it's because their music also have the same melody. That's what the Introvoys are known for. They have like atleast a dozen of famous songs, but they all sound alike. And the same goes for HALE. Also, alot of girls find the lead vocals of both bands that attractive. Whatever.

Anyway, till now, HALE has been lording over the charts in every pop radio station in the country. After all that I have said, they're still a good band. And right now, I'm beginning to appreciate their songs.

Bounce!

3 Comments:

Blogger jose said...

hey inggo...whats you email addy? going to send you an invite...

5:33 PM  
Blogger Paco Arespacochaga said...

i also have Hale's CD and yeah, couldn't agree with you more about the "songs kinda sound the same" vibe being brought out. I really had that issue with Introvoys in the past because it was mostly me writing all the songs and it was mostly about one certain girl! sheeesh!

Anyway, HALE will come to its maturity as long as they keep focus on serving the music. As for Introvoys, we have a new indie album out on the internet. Gone are the "songs sound the same" syndrome (cept for jonathan b still sounding like jonathan b!) as well as the melancholic theme to the songs. take a "listen" and leave a comment or write a blog or something!

We really need all the buzz we can get. Merry Christmas!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Paco Arespacochaga said...

by the way, we are at www.introvoys.net

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home